And why you will too!
We love partnering with ShareFile, and you would too!
A glimpse into why ShareFile is so awesome.
What is ShareFile?
ShareFile is a secure content collaboration, file sharing and sync solution that supports all the document-centric tasks and workflow needs of small and large businesses. The company also offers cloud-based/on-prem storage, virtual data rooms and client portals. ShareFile is owned by Citrix Systems.
Can you tell me a little more?
ShareFile is a secure, cloud-based platform for businesses to store and share large files. Businesses are able to create branded, password-protected areas for files through the service. The software has a client-portal feature that businesses can set up and customize to allow outside vendors and clients access to specific projects and files. Other ShareFile features include the ability to send and obtain e-signatures on documents with the integration of RightSignature; the ability to send encrypted email through a Microsoft Outlook plugin or an online portal, Office 365 connection to access and edit documents stored in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business; and the ability for individuals to migrate data from their personal clouds into ShareFile. There are also mobile app versions of ShareFile, which allow mobile editing and offline editing of documents.
Can you give me a little history about ShareFile?
Jesse Lipson, a self-taught programmer, built and launched ShareFile in November 2005 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Lipson created ShareFile after several of his website design clients asked him to build a password-protected area where they could set up folders and exchange business files with their clients. He felt FTP sites of the time were insufficient and saw an opportunity to create a web-based product. ShareFile launched without a free version or outside funding, and focused on acquiring only business customers.
By 2011, ShareFile had 3 million users in 100 countries. ShareFile was included on the Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in both 2010 and 2011.
In October 2011, ShareFile was acquired by Citrix Systems. Under terms of the agreement, ShareFile was offered as a standalone service in addition to its software becoming integrated into Citrix products. With the acquisition, Lipson became vice president and general manager of a new data sharing division within Citrix under the deal. As of 2016, Lipson is corporate vice president and general manager of cloud services, which includes ShareFile and Citrix Workspace Cloud.
A new 171,000-square-foot Raleigh office opened in October 2014 for Raleigh-based Citrix employees. As of April 2015, ShareFile had 55,000 corporate customers and 40 million users.
What are the security features of ShareFile?
ShareFile users have the option to store data in their own data centers, Citrix-managed data centers, or use existing file storage systems via StorageZone Connectors. This allows companies to host files that they do not want stored in the cloud, in some cases due to regulatory concerns. IT managers can manage corporate content on ShareFile using remote wipe, encryption, passcode lock and poison pill features. In addition, companies are able to restrict third-party editing tools that employees might try to install on their devices, and audit content accessed from a device that has been lost or stolen.
What about HIPPA?
In response to updated regulations with HIPAA standards, Citrix created ShareFile Cloud for Health Care in 2013. This private virtual cloud was designed to help companies stay compliant with updated HIPAA standards. It runs on the AWS Cloud, but sets aside specific virtual servers to host protected health information (PHI). Also in 2013, ShareFile began offering a feature called "Archiving for Financial Services" to help organizations in the financial sector comply with data archiving regulations put forth by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Tell me a little more about the security features, please.
By using ShareFile, you can work confidently with business-class security and reliability. Here’s some more examples of how:
- Third-party validated application and datacenter controls from SOC 2 and SSAE 16 audits.
- Bank-level encryption in transit and at rest.
- Two-factor authentication and single sign-on for added security.
- Multiple data storage locations around the globe.
- 99.9 percent uptime and disaster recovery centers in the United States and Europe.
- Control over individual files or folders, download alerts and detailed activity reports.
- Remote wipe for lost devices and more.
Ok, but what if I’m still not convinced?
Well, it’s definitely weird that you still aren’t convinced, but that aside, here are some more reasons ShareFile is the best!
- Sharefile simplifies sharing for your team and clients! Click. Tap. Share. That's how simple it is for you, your colleagues and your clients to share large files with confidence. No downloads, no plugins, no problems.
- You can get real help from real people. 24/7.
- Get the initial help you need through live Customer Success trainings. Join a public ShareFile basic webinar or private one-on-one advanced trainings.
- For Enterprise customers, contact a product adoption consultant.
- Our 24/7 Technical Support team is based in Raleigh, NC with satellite offices in Dublin, Ireland and Sydney, Australia.
- The ShareFile Plugin for Microsoft Outlook and easily encrypts email messages and automatically convert any attachments to secure ShareFile links.
- The Kloudless Plugin for Gmail also automatically converts any attachments to secure ShareFile links. Plus you can securely bypass file-size restrictions and eliminate bounce-backs.
- Secure mobile access any time anywhere.
• Get to your files, where and when you need them.
• Use ShareFile on your iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry device to access, share, request and edit files from anywhere.
• Get secure remote access to desktops and shared servers when you need it.
• Lock and wipe data remotely from any lost or stolen device to keep your data safe no matter what happens.
- Set up sync and never worry about backups again.
- Sync your files automatically, so you’ll always be working with the most accurate, up-to-date information.
- Simply add the ShareFile Sync folder to your desktop and save files there for instant sync across all connected devices.
- Work better together with simple, collaborative workflows.
- Collect real-time feedback and get approval on your files in a few simple clicks.
- Eliminate confusing email threads with a structured approval process and activity log.
- Get legally-binding e-signatures delivered right to your inbox in minutes.
- Access industry-specific workflows including Accounting, Healthcare and Legal.
- Reduce turnaround time with e-signature. Simplify contracts. Streamline paperwork. Enhance productivity. Send files for electronic signature right from your ShareFile account using RightSignature. And when the files are signed, they automatically save back to the ShareFile folder where they started.
- Integrate with tools you already use.
- Get solutions that support business regulations, policies and practices for various industries from healthcare and construction to accounting and education.
- Address archiving and reporting needs while streamlining your feedback approvals process.
- Take advantage of convenient integration with the tools you already use — like Microsoft Office 365, Basepin, MDocAuto, iManage, Worldox, FotoIN, Gmail, Trumpet, ScanSnap and more.
And lastly, #10:
We use it daily, and can attest that it is amazing! We love partnering with ShareFile, and wouldn’t have it any other way!