We are officially full swing into summer 2016, and hopefully it’s been a great one for you so far! For our clients and business owners, you might be noticing that business is a little slower during the summer. You have more down time at the office, and are finding yourself looking for things to do to stay busy and keep business booming. The slowness of summer can be nice in some ways, however, it’s important to use your summer down time to be productive with your business!
Our group of bookkeepers over here at To The Rescue, have some great ideas of things you can do this summer to stay on top of things, and make the most of the slow summer season!
1. Send your clients hand- written notes. Thank them, give them business ideas or tips etc. They will remember why they like you, and possibly hire you for something new as well!
2. Summer school! Take an online class, or a small business class in your city. Stay educated and up to date with business practices and laws.
3. Write an actual business plan. It’s ok to admit you never did this. Just do it now while you have the time.
4. Utilize your clients. Send out an email to your clients asking them to use social media to give you reviews, like your company pages, Tweet your praises etc.
5. Revamp your website.
6. Identify areas of business where you can save money. Summer is a great time to make unnecessary cuts from your business expenses! In the slow season, you might need those extra funds to stay afloat!
7. Read a good book. It’s always a good idea to improve yourself personally and professionally. Here is a list of books we recommend:
How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age – by Dale Carnegie & Associates
The Synergist: How to Lead Your Team to Predictable Success – by Les McKeown
Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding the Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty by Patrick Lencioni
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People-by Stephen R. Covey
Intentional Living - John Maxwell
The Wonderful World of Customer Service at Disney - J. Jeff Kober
The Advantage- Patrick Lencioni
8. Help your community. Volunteer, help a charity, and donate time and talents. It’s not only just always a good idea to help others, but it also promotes your business in a positive light.
9. Take some pics! Have new pictures of your business, employees, products etc. taken and update your profiles and websites with them.
10. Our last summer tip, and arguably the most important one, PLEASE GET YOUR BOOKS TOGETHER IN YOUR DOWN TIME INSTEAD OF WAITING TILL TAX TIME IS CLOSE!!!!! Why wait till crunch time, when you can use your summer to get ahead of things financially??? This not only will make things easier on you around tax time, but it also helps your bookkeeper stay sane. :) Give yourself, and your bookkeeper peace of mind, and use your summer down time to get ahead. I know we would greatly appreciate it. ;)
Enjoy your summer, friends! Get ahead, get organized, and get a tan! As always, let us know if you need help with anything, including the tan, we like the beach too. ;)